This is the forth of a number of updates regarding the transition of the IN-ADDR.ARPA zone.
ARIN and ICANN have agreed to the following process details for the transition of the IN-ADDR.ARPA DNS zone.
On 16th February at 9am UTC-8:
- ICANN takes last agreed update from ARIN and publishes the zone via the in-addr-servers.arpa namservers. The agreed update from ARIN will be the generated zone data for the time stamp “201102160445”.
- ICANN will disable any further imports from ARIN.
- Both ARIN and ICANN will confirm zone contents (delegated NS) match between in-addr-servers.arpa servers and the root servers and signoff by 9.30am UTC-8
- ICANN to advise VerSign (root server hidden master operator) to pull IN-ADDR.ARPA from ICANN at 10.00am UTC-8
- ICANN will advise IANA to continue processing of the IN-ADDR.ARPA delegation change
- ICANN will update //in-addr-transition.icann.org
- ICANN and ARIN to publish a statement of transition
- ICANN to publish/update appropriate whois records for *.in-addr.arpa delegations on whois.iana.org
- ICANN to provide public AXFR to IN-ADDR.ARPA on xfr.dns.icann.org
- ICANN to publish IN-ADDR.ARPA zone on the ftp.internic.net site
During this transition a 48 hour update embargo will be placed on the IN-ADDR.ARPA zone. This will run from0000hrs 16th February UTC-8 to 2400hrs 17th February UTC-8.